The major project for 2020-21 has been the revamping of the hospital entrance. New benches, planters & an enlarged sitting area will all provide a renewed, welcoming entrance to the hospital. As well, there will be much less maintenance for our facilities staff.
A new gazebo was constructed in the hospital courtyard providing a wonderful undercover but open area for our residents, patients and staff.
Specific projects include:
- Family Centre Care Suites –All furnishings, including new electric beds, to equip 3 Family Care Suites in the Hospital.
- Walk in - Wheel in Shower - for the convenience of patients and staff.
- Long Term Care Upgrades - including furnishings & entertainment centre.
- Emergency Room – Furnishings, including IV treatment chairs, Ultra Sound Machine, Training Manikin, Bladder Scanner, Vein Viewer, Trauma Light and Blanket Warmer.
- Nursing Unit – New Tub/Lift, Blanket Warmer
- Bariatric Care Room with Bariatric Bed and Lifts
- Acute Care Room - all new furnishings including new powered beds
- Meditation Room - includes all furnishings and a new stained glass window
- Foundation Office – A permanent office shared with our Gift Shop upon from which to operate the business of the Foundation
In addition to the major projects,
the Foundation also provides funds and equipment including:
- Breast Pump Rentals
- Specially designed Bathtubs
- Telephones and Television in Acute Care Rooms – at no charge
- Equipment for Community Care/Adult Day Program
- Defibrillators for the Community
- Furnishing quiet rooms and the Long Term Care Dining Room
- Enhancing the outdoor Courtyard and Hospital entrance
- Rehabilitation equipment
- Wall murals in Hospital entrance lobby & hallway with memorials and donator recognition