As part of the ongoing renovations to the Devon General Hospital, the Foundation converted a large bathtub into a walk in - wheel in shower for the convenience of patients and staff. It took over 55 minutes to fill, drain and clean the tub each time it was used. Cost of this project was approximately $30,000.
Specific projects include:
- Family Centre Care Suites –All furnishings, including new electric beds, to equip 3 Family Care Suites in the Hospital.
- Long Term Care Upgrades - including furnishings & entertainment centre.
- Emergency Room – Furnishings, including IV treatment chairs, Ultra Sound Machine, Training Manikin, Bladder Scanner and Vein Viewer.
- Nursing Unit – new tub/lift
- Acute Care Room - all new furnishings including new powered beds
- Meditation Room - includes all furnishings and a new stained glass window
- Foundation Office – A permanent office and equipment upon from which to operate the business of the Foundation
In addition to the major projects,
the Foundation also provides funds and equipment including:
- Breast Pump Rentals
- Specially designed Bathtubs
- Telephones and Television in Acute Care Rooms – at no charge
- Equipment for Community Care/Adult Day Program
- Defibrillators for the Community
- Furnishing quiet rooms and the Long Term Care Dining Room
- Enhancing the outdoor Courtyard
- Rehabilitation equipment