As part of providing for the ongoing equipment needs of the Devon General Hospital, the Foundation purchased a bariatric bed for the comfort & safety of patients and staff. Cost of this project was approximately $40,000.
Specific projects include:
- Family Centre Care Suites –All furnishings, including new electric beds, to equip 3 Family Care Suites in the Hospital.
- Walk in - Wheel in Shower - for the convenience of patients and staff.
- Long Term Care Upgrades - including furnishings & entertainment centre.
- Emergency Room – Furnishings, including IV treatment chairs, Ultra Sound Machine, Training Manikin, Bladder Scanner and Vein Viewer.
- Nursing Unit – new tub/lift
- Acute Care Room - all new furnishings including new powered beds
- Meditation Room - includes all furnishings and a new stained glass window
- Foundation Office – A permanent office and equipment upon from which to operate the business of the Foundation
In addition to the major projects,
the Foundation also provides funds and equipment including:
- Breast Pump Rentals
- Specially designed Bathtubs
- Telephones and Television in Acute Care Rooms – at no charge
- Equipment for Community Care/Adult Day Program
- Defibrillators for the Community
- Furnishing quiet rooms and the Long Term Care Dining Room
- Enhancing the outdoor Courtyard
- Rehabilitation equipment